All Things One Should Know about NEET-UG Results

All Things One Should Know about NEET-UG Results

240 Views

NEET is a national-level one-tier exam for dental and medical course admissions. This year, NEET-UG for undergraduate courses is scheduled for July 17. It is a pen and paper-based exam organised by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Interested medical aspirants can visit their website to register for the exam. This exam happens on a yearly basis.

After the exams are over, the officials will release the question paper and answer key on their website. This will be followed by the declaration of results, cut-off, merit list and finally, the counselling process. Here, let us understand more about this process.

NEET Results and Scorecard

To check NEET-UG results, candidates must visit NTA’s official website and click on the results tab. The page will ask for login credentials, after which candidates can view their results. Download and take a printout of the NEET 2022 results for further references. Candidates can view their scorecard there, which will have the following details.

  • Name, roll number and personal details of the candidate
  • Total marks obtained
  • Subject-wise percentile and scores
  • Cut-off score
  • All India Rank and the ranking under the 15% of AIQ seats

Cut-offs are the minimum marks needed to pass the exam. The NTA will also release a merit list based on the scores. This will provide the overall ranking of the candidates.

Percentile

A percentile is a score obtained by dividing your score by the toppers score and multiplying the value by 100. If an individual scores 60th percentile, it means they have done better than 60% of the candidates who took the exam. For undergraduate BSMS, BUMS, BAMS, and BHMS courses, the candidates should be at a minimum of the 50th percentile. This percentile score slightly varies for SC, ST, OBC and candidates with benchmark disabilities, and also for other courses.

Mark allotment in NEET

In NEET, candidates must answer 180 MCQs from Zoology, Botany, Physics and Chemistry. Each subject will have two sections – Section A and Section B. Section A comprises mandatory questions, whereas Section B has choices. The marking scheme is as follows.

Correct answer +4
Unattempted answer 0
Incorrect answer -1
Total no.of questions 180
Total marks 720

Overall, 200 questions are asked, out of which one has to answer 180. The total duration to answer them is 200 minutes (3 hours and 20 minutes). NTA will also release the question paper with answers on their website. Thus, candidates can also predict their expected scores before the scorecards are released.

What to Do after Results?

NTA provides overall as well as category rank, which plays a significant role in further counselling rounds. If two or more individuals obtained the same marks, then preference is given to the ones who scored more in Biology. Then, Chemistry and Physics scores are considered in the respective order. Also, candidates with fewer incorrect answers are given priority in such tie-breaking ranks. In some cases, age is also considered. Senior candidates are always given preference over the younger ones. The NEET 2022 exam results are valid for one complete academic year. Candidates seeking abroad admissions can use the same for 3 years.

Furthermore, candidates who cleared the cut-off marks can participate in the follow-up counselling process by applying online. Eligible candidates can register for both State Quota and All India Quota seats. But the seat will be allocated in only one. Around 15% of seats are reserved under AIQ (All India Quota) and the remaining seats (85%) come under the state quota. Separate seat quotas are also available under respective state, central, management and deemed universities. Eligible candidates can pre-register to attend the four rounds of counselling.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *