Almost half of all emails are tagged as spam, irrespective of whether or not they are spam. Disappointing news for all advertisers and the digital firms they work with their marketing initiatives. Marketers need to undertake email verification on a constant schedule so that their communications don’t wind up in the spam folder.
Secure email validation services are a relatively new concept. Because you’re not the only one who’s had this experience, we decided to break down the process so that even those with no prior marketing background may follow along. Various advantages are involved with verifying your initial list of addresses, and this article will help you get started.
What Is Email Validation and Who Uses It?
For digital marketers, email addresses are the most important asset they have. Why? Because email is the most profitable medium for marketers, yielding $38 for every $1 invested. The difficulty is that address lists deteriorate at a yearly rate of 22%. In other words, after a year, 100,000 valid addresses will be reduced to less than 80,000 valid ones.
Marketing lists deteriorate for a variety of causes, including:
- Users are no longer using inboxes.
- Providers of email services are hacked
- Emails of confirmation get lost in the shuffle of junk mail.
Consequently, your marketing initiatives will have a lower return on investment due to lower deliverability and open rates. Adding insult to injury, they harm your sender’s reputation as well, even if your service provider decides to take you off their platform if you allow it to fall too low.As a result, it’s critical that you routinely check to make sure the addresses you’ve collected are still valid. This can be done by hand, but using an online email validation tool to simultaneously validate hundreds of thousands of addresses is significantly more efficient.
Most experienced marketers utilize these services, but they are available to anybody who wants to use email marketing to increase sales, raise awareness of a particular problem, or announce a significant upgrade to a product or service.
Best Practices for Validating Emails
To ensure that email validation is as successful as possible, marketers throughout the globe have come up with a list of best practices that should be adhered to, including the following:
- Select a dependable solution for your verification needs. Sadly, not all verification services are the same, so do your homework before joining up for one.
- Frequently, check your list of addresses. A single round of verification may immediately increase your deliverability, but it won’t last forever.
- When gathering addresses, do a preliminary check. Increasing the proportion of genuine addresses in your list might be as easy as including a syntax check in the sign-up form.
- Verification emails should be avoided at all costs. Because sending verification emails might harm your sender’s reputation, legitimate verification services do not do so.
- Ensure the safety of your client’s sensitive data. As a marketer or company owner, it is your job to ensure that the email addresses you gather are not misused.
Every marketer who wants to get the highest potential return on investment in their marketing initiatives has to do email validation regularly. Marketers need not be concerned about the technical details involved in completely verifying an address, as they can just employ an online verification tool and let it do it all for them.