Bathroom drain clogging is very common, but the major reason for it to happen is due to very silly mistakes that we do daily. Though these can be avoided, we try to ignore them, which later puts us into huge trouble. Thus, we must understand these major causes and work on them.
For clogging problems, we majorly use a harsh chemical to clear it. Though this clears it on a short-term basis for the long term this can damage your pipes leading to corrosion. The best way to deal with it is by avoiding such things or to take help from a professional. Professionals like Wilco Plumbing are the best to help you with these plumbing issues. They have over years of experience and are well-known plumbers at Lane Cove. They are transparent with their pricing and you can be rest assured about their quality of work.
The most common reasons for these bathroom clogs are:
- The most common ones are human hair, pet hair, natural oils, soap residues can all come together to create a stubborn goo that gets stuck in the drains. These are the toughest ones to be cleared.
- Many of our grooming products like our makeup tissues, baby wipes, cotton balls and those Q-tips can all cause clogging in the drainage pipes if flushed in the toilet. Thus, we should throw them in the garbage.
- There are certain personal hygiene products like toilet wipes, baby diapers, female sanitary napkins or dental floss that should never be flushed in the toilet as it may lead to clogging
- Hard water can also cause problems due to its high concentration of calcium and magnesium minerals, which causes a build-up in the pipes. This causes the water volumes to reduce and can lead to clogs and leaks.
- Older pipes are also one major reason for plumbing problems. This is because they have leaks and cracks. The tree roots and the old pipes can cause the bathroom drainage system to clog.
To resolve these issues there are some natural ways to unclog the bathroom sink, which doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals:
- Baking soda and vinegar: This is very useful in bathroom sinks. You can simply mix 1/3 cup of vinegar and 1/3 cup of baking soda. This mixture will start to fizz immediately and needs to be poured into the sink. This will remove any hair or dirt effectively.
- Baking soda and salt: You can mix ½ cup of each and pour the mixture into the drain. After a wait of fifteen minutes, you can put boiling water down the drain. All these materials together can cause an aggressive chemical reaction and can unblock the drainage system.
- Boiling water: This will surprisingly work the best. All you need to do is to boil the water and pour it down the pipe.
- Wire hanger: This is one last method to be used to unclog the drain. This can clear any stubborn clogs too.
If any of the above methods fail to work, then you can call a professional for help.