Botox is a popular cosmetic procedure for removing facial wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, and creases. It blocks the flow of chemical signals from the nerves to the various facial muscles. As a result, the muscles are unable to contact. This causes facial wrinkles, fine lines, creases, and crow’s feet to soften over time.
Botox clinic Washington DC – Who is the right candidate for a Botox treatment?
You might want to take Botox injections to get rid of deep or stubborn facial wrinkles. You need to first consult a good cosmetic surgeon with the necessary experience administering the injection. There will be an initial medical checkup to determine whether a person is a right candidate for a Botox injection or not.
For being the right candidate for Botox treatment one-
- should have moderate to deep facial wrinkles around the eyes, lips, and forehead
- Should have no allergies to Botox injections
- Have no muscle or nerve disorders
- Have no skin infections
- Has no serious illness
- Women should not be pregnant
Preparation and procedure
The surgeon will fix a date for your session after you have satisfied the above conditions. He will point out the pros and cons of treatment. You should-
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol,
- Refrain from taking aspirin, sleeping pills, anti-allergy, and blood-thinning medicines,
- Work out only before the Botox treatment session,
- Avoid wearing make-up before the sitting, and
- Thoroughly wash your face with a mild cleanser.
Experts from an esteemed Botox clinic Washington DC say the treatment is usually done in the surgeon’s chamber. He first examines your face to mark out the areas which have the most wrinkles. He then applies a topical anesthetic to make the area numb. The injection has a thin-needle that is inserted into the area. Botox is administered in small doses. It generally for about ten minutes.
Recovery and post-treatment care
After the Botox treatment, the surgeon will insist on you:
- Rest for at least four hours after the treatment,
- Avoid drinking alcohol or limit your consumption,
- Use an ointment the surgeon suggests to deal with any bruising,
- Apply an ice pack to minimize any swelling, and
- Consume blood-thinning medicines as per the surgeon’s directions, and
- Inform your surgeon of potential side-effects it any arises.
How to choose the best Botox clinic?
When it comes to choosing the best Botox clinic, you should:
- Check the customers’ reviews and testimonials on its website,
- Ensure the clinic employs trained cosmetic surgeons,
- Each of the surgeons should be certified with an accredited medical board,
- They should have adequate experience in conducting Botox treatments,
- The clinic should be hygienic and have the latest facilities, and
- Ensure the clinic has a suitable follow-up service.
- It should have a fair pricing structure for Botox treatments.
A Botox treatment costs generally depend upon the number of sessions you need to take for your condition.
Taking treatment from a credible Botox clinic Washington DC can help to get rid of facial wrinkles. This can make you look younger than your actual age. It can even boost your confidence and self-esteem. It generally takes about 7 to 10 days for you to witness results.